23 Weeks

So sorry for the late update. of course I should have updated at least the gender as soon as we knew, but everything has just been so CRAZY these past few weeks!

The biggest news, of course, is:

We're having a....


GIRL!!

The party was a great success, here's a few photos...

\










It was an emotional roller coaster after cutting the cake, but I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping calm in the lead up and party set up (completely against my normally OCD freakout pre-party tenancies).

I loved that I was able to film all of our family and friends' guesses on the gender, the votes were about tied but I think we were ALL surprised when the cake was PINK!

Most surprising to me was my reaction, as I had really expected and was excited for a boy, but instant tears sprang to my eyes when I realized I was having a little girl - a daughter! I think every little girl dreams of her own daughter to bond with, dress up and have that unique connection with, but I didn't (or hadn't let myself) realize it until I knew I was.

Watch the entire day, including our reactions, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6L3SnJC15I

We also revealed the name of our little girl to our guests that day, and to our facebook friends the day after:







My mom especially was emotional and over the moon with our choice, as we chose to give our baby girl my late grandmother (my mother's mother's) name as her middle name - Alice.

We are so excited to meet our little Evelyn Alice, due August 20, 2015! 


We also began nursery planning/painting/decorating, so stay tuned for that in future posts!!


~ The Pregnant Doula


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

28 Weeks - My Birth Plan

14 Weeks - Comparison Photos, Belly at a Bridal Show, New Video & Midwife Appointment!

First Trimester Collage! (12w5d)