33 Weeks - Homebirth Prep/Supply List

Hi and welcome to The Pregnant Doula blog, where I apparently only post when I need to include a document in my videos ;)

I am 33 weeks and 3 days today, which means I am nearly in panic mode to get everything ready for little Evelyn's birth. I have yet to complete my hospital bag, labour classes or really emotionally prepare for labour, but I have finally pretty much completed our homebirth preparations so that's something!

A video will be going up on my channel today showing all of these items and I talk about the cost, reasons and safety of homebirth, see that video here:

In the mean time, here is a physical list (mostly from the handout from our midwives) of the supplies I have rounded up for our planned home water birth:

{Medical Supplies}
    • 10 blue (puppy pee) pads
    • 5 sterile gauze sponges
    • Depends underwear
    • Maxi pads
    • Always Infinity Overnights & Regular flow (will last through recovery)
    • peri bottle
    • 2 large garbage bags
    • 2 plastic sheets/shower curtains
    • hydrogen peroxide
    • digital thermometer
    • Tylenol and/or Ibuprofen
    • laxatives (for postpartum)
    • postpartum herbs (for sitz bath and peri bottle) 
{Homebirth Supplies}
    • hand mirror
    • bendy straws
    • 1 large bowl
    • 10 old towels
    • 5-10 face cloths
    • 2 sets of sheets
    • 8-10 receiving blankets
    • large blanket for mom
    • clean bathtub
    • extension cord 
    • vehicle with tank full of gas
    • large container/2 bags for placenta
    • laundry basket to store
    • frozen pads with witch hazel or aloe gel
    • juice, yogurt, fruit, ice chips, popsicles & gatoraid for parents and birth team
    • visible house numbers/sign for driveway
{Waterbirth Supplies}
    • faucet adaptor
    • new garden or drinking water hose
    • fish/debris net
    • several extra bath towels
    • tarps/shower curtains to cover birthing tub to bathroom
    • liner for tub
Feel free to copy & paste, add and delete as you like, and of course leave me comments on what you think should be on my homebirth list!

Also, check out my new Facebook page for updates when videos come out, a chance to ask questions for a future Ask Me video, and eventual labour updates as we get closer to Evie's arrival!
https://www.facebook.com/ThePregnantDoula

~ The Pregnant Doula

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

28 Weeks - My Birth Plan

14 Weeks - Comparison Photos, Belly at a Bridal Show, New Video & Midwife Appointment!

First Trimester Collage! (12w5d)