Packing for Labour/Hospital - 35 Weeks Pregnant

Yet again, just another for-video post, but still useful!

Here is everything I have packed just in case for my labour/hospital stay, complete with videos to see all the various items along side my big belly.

Please let me know if I am missing something! I know I packed a lot, but you just never know ;) Hopefully this all just gets moved into the living room with us for our peaceful, natural homebirth though.


Sibling Bag (To go with whoever is watching them)
{Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zVEFapwNi8}
    • Diapers
    • Wipes
    • 3 Shirts
    • 3 Shorts
    • 1 pair of socks
    • 2 Books
    • Sippy Cup
    • Toy
    • Blanket
    • Sheet
    • Pack n Play
 Meeting The Baby Kit
    • Big Brother book
    • Babydoll
    • Receiving blanket
    • Colouring book & crayons (optional)
 
To Grab in Labour (Last Minute Packing List - Keep in your labour bag!) 
{Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPZOacPgPQs}
    • Phone/Wallet
    • Husband's Phone & Headphones
    • Charger and wall plug in
    • Husband's Wallet & Keys
    • Pregnancy journal & pen
    •  Notebook to write down info, stats, etc & pen
    • Waterbottle
    • Fruit
    • Gateraid
    • Hairbrush
    • ** Put [sibling's] toothbrush in his bag!**
Car Bag (Stays in the vehicle for just in case)
    •  Sick bags (Ziplocks)
    • Blue mats (puppy pee mats in case water breaks)
    • Maxi pads (in case water breaks)
    • Extra (cloth) diapers (covers, prefolds & snappi)
Labour Bag
    • Change for parking
    • Who to Call List
    •  Birth Wishes
    • Prenatal Records
    • Quotes for Labour
    • Hairties & clips
    • Lip balm 
    • Ziplock bags
    • Tennis balls/back massager 
    • Heat packs
    • Snacks
    • Coconut water
    • Flipflops
    • Bathrobe
    • Nursing Bra
    • Shorts
    • Underwear
    • 2 pair of Depends
    • My soap
    • Husband's shower items
    • Cloth diaper: prefold, Snappi & cover
 
 Postpartum Bag (Separate from labour bag in case of false labour = less to carry!)
{Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1l_i97N7KM}

Mommy's Clothes
    • 2 nursing tank tops
    • Shorts
    • Yoga Pants
    • PJ Pants
    • Shrug/Cover up
    • 2 pairs of socks
    • 2 pairs of underwear
Husband's Clothes
    •  Shirt
    • Shorts
    • Socks
    • Underwear
 Toiletries
    • Toothbrushes & paste
    • Mouthwash
    • Mommy's Shampoo & Conditioner
    • My deoderant
    • Husband's deoderant
    • Earth Mama Bottom Balm
    • Arnica
    • Coconut oil (for nipples)
    • 6 pairs of Depends
    • Ziplock bags
Baby Items
    • Nightgown
    • Swaddler
    • 3 onesies
    • 2 pairs of pants
    • 3 sleepers
    • 3 hats
    • 5 bows (for girl)
    • 2 pairs of socks (for feet & hands)
    • 3 receiving blankets
    • 3 cloth diaper covers
    • 6 prefolds
    • 10 wipes
    • Wetbag
    • Coconut oil 

*                    *                    *

Also this week:

{35 Weeks Pregnant While Nursing:} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4zNZL3VauQ
{Ultrasound Update:} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZet2obJ6gU
{Baby Haul:} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDKKd8iNWcw
{36 Weeks Pregnant While Nursing:} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5FYdRDOt7g

Love and Empowerment for a Positive Birth!
~ The Pregnant (Almost) Doula

Comments

  1. So how did it go? Is that on youtube? I just found you and your blogs tonight through googling for "pregnant doula" because I know several of them currently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manda!

    I actually never did an update on my hospital bag as I ended up having my much-longed for homebirth! I suppose I could do an update about what I actually used, though it will be quite different from what I would have used if I actually had been in the hospital.

    Thanks for following up with me and great to know I can be found through searches! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

28 Weeks - My Birth Plan

14 Weeks - Comparison Photos, Belly at a Bridal Show, New Video & Midwife Appointment!

First Trimester Collage! (12w5d)